The Benefits of Learning Fencing
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Enhanced speed and dexterity
- Greater developed sense of timing and precision
- Excellent cardio endurance and calorie burn
- A greater understanding of the history, tactics and strategies of the sport
To try us out, just fill out the form below!
Does your child or teen find other sports lacking in mental stimulation? Are they focused, but have difficulty with team sports? Then our Fencing classes may be just the class you’re looking for!
Our youth programs specialize in getting bright kids to “unplug” from television and computer games and getting them physically, mentally, and socially active — all in a setting that appreciates their uniqueness.
How often have you thought to yourself, “I’ve always wanted to give that a try…” Well, here’s your chance! Start out by learning the footwork and then progress to picking up a foil (the “sword”) and experience a real fencing bout! Stand face-to-face with your opponent, salute, and then En Garde!
Often referred to as “Physical Chess”, fencing is as much a sport of strategy as reflexes. At the end of a bout, you will wonder why you are sweating and breathing so hard… with your mind engaged, burning calories just doesn’t seem so hard to do.
Guard Up! has beginner classes as well as advanced and tournament level fencing classes.
Guard Up is more than a place to learn how to sword-fight, but we shouldn’t understate our experience in the art of swordsmanship. We are a United States Fencing Association (USFA) member school.
Our fencing facility hosts training seminars and workshops with some of the most well-known experts in the field of swordsmanship. We support adult, teen and youth students, as well as their parents in our family-positive environment.
Experienced Fencing Instructors
Our instructors work closely with experts in Historical Weaponry to translate and extrapolate techniques from ancient texts for Historical Weapons. Our coaching methods have been developed to make our sports and activities a positive life experience for all ages.
Our staff is constantly researching and developing curriculum for our sword and fencing courses to keep them fresh and exciting. After all, swordsmanship isn’t just our job… it’s our passion!
Are We the Best Fencing School for You?
If you want to know if we are the best swordsmanship training school for you or your child, then consider the following questions:
- Do you thrive in a positive coaching environment where effort is rewarded, mistakes are perfectly acceptable and coaches only yell to cheer you on?
- Are you fascinated with techniques and tactics? Do you enjoy computer and board games?
- Do you consider yourself to be creative or filled with an insatiable curiosity?
- Do you enjoy an educational and challenging environment where the emphasis is more on learning than on winning trophies?
If you thought “Yes” about all or most of the questions above, then Guard Up is the place for you! Our students are kids, teens and adults of all shapes and sizes. We may come from many different backgrounds, but we all share a love for “learning while doing”.