ARRIVAL TO CLASS
- All entries will be at the back entrance.
- Parents will drive to the back entrance and parents and students will remain in the car.
- While in the car using a cell phone or other device the student will complete the COVID SCREENING FORM. This form must be completed before every class or you will not be allowed to enter the building.
- A staff member will approach your vehicle to confirm that the form is complete and that the student is wearing a mask.
- Once the staff person has confirmed that all of those requirements are met, they will signal that it is okay for the student to exit the vehicle. The student will then be directed to enter the building at the appropriate time.
- Students will be directed to particular locations in the adventure/class space to ensure maintenance of social distancing guidelines. Please observe markings on the floor.
- Parents MUST stay in their car at the facility for the duration of the class. If their child/teen is unable to abide by the health and safety rules, they will be escorted to the exit of the building and they must go to their parent’s car. We will not be monitoring the child after they depart the building.
Classes are being rescheduled to reduce/eliminate overlap in the parking lot.
- Adventure/ACE/Historical Weapons
- Remember that students will no longer have the option of using Guard Up weapons or costume items. Students will need to provide all of the costumes, props, and weapons necessary for their respective classes.
- New students, as part of their introductory lessons, will receive a complimentary foam short sword (for sword classes) at their first class.
- New fencers will be allowed to borrow fencing items only for their introductory classes. They will then have to purchase fencing gear. This means that all fencers need to have a replacement blade in case their own blade breaks as they will not be able to borrow one of our foils to complete the class. Please purchase a fencing bag to transport fencing gear.
- Fencing students should arrive fully dressed, they will not be allowed to change clothes for class while inside the building. They do not need to be wearing their fencing mask to enter the building but they will need to be wearing a cloth mask and that mask must stay on under their fencing mask.
- Parents will be welcome to view their children’s classes on our new WiFi Cameras. You will be provided detailed instructions for downloading the app and accessing the cameras at the end of this document.
- Parents/Siblings/Friends/Visitors/Vendors will not be allowed into the building except by appointment with a particular staff member. All purchases of retail items, class upgrades, school adventures, events, etc. will be via phone or internet only. We will no longer accept cash.
- Upon entering the building, students will be directed to put any personal items in the “Red Zone” that exists around the entire adventure space. There will be markings on the floor to indicate proper distancing.
- Students must keep their breathing masks on at all times except for taking drinks from their personal water bottles. Please note that the water fountain in the hallway will no longer be operating. Each student should arrive with a full water bottle. There will be no additional drinking water available to students until 8/13/20 when a foot-operated water bottle fill station will be installed.
- Students needing to use the restroom during class will first need to inform the instructor.
- Only one student at a time may head to a particular restroom. Students will place any personal items or weapons with their other items in the Red Zone or in an unoccupied space in the Red Zone if they have no other items there.
- Students will then proceed to the appropriate bathroom using the hallway that leads directly to the restroom of their gender identity. If you are trying to reach the boys room from Cyclops or Dragon Room while another class is taking place in the Ogre room, simply use the former Fencing Closet to pass through to the other side.
- After using the restroom, you must wash your hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds and dry them using the disposable paper towels. On the way back (using the same hallway) to the class, you should use the hand sanitizer at the entrance to the adventure space as a further safeguard against infection.
DEPARTURE FROM CLASS
- At the end of class, students will be responsible for gathering all of their belongings and exiting directly from the adventure space down to the front of the building and promptly exiting the building. Students should maintain social distancing on their way down the hall and should also use the hand sanitizers as they pass them on their way out.
- Students must keep their masks on until they are INSIDE their vehicle. Failure to keep one’s mask on at any time while in the building or the parking lot is grounds for exclusion from classes.
- Parents should be waiting in their cars near the front of the facility. Regardless of the weather, students will not be allowed to stay inside the building or congregate in the front. Parents must be present to pick up their students. Guard Up will not be responsible for students once they depart the building.
The procedures noted here are part of Guard Up’s overall COVID-19 Control Plan. This plan is designed to minimize the risks to our students and staff of contracting this, or any other, infection. It is not a guarantee that any particular student will not contract the virus while on our property. By entering our building you acknowledge that risk and agree not to hold Guard Up, its affiliates or officers, liable if a student contracts the virus. We will inform you promptly if a student or instructor with whom you may have come into contact is diagnosed with or tests positive for COVID-19.
Our COVID-19 control plan includes time to clean and disinfect the adventure spaces between classes to further protect everyone. That is why you may notice that T1 classes are 50 minutes in length and T2 classes are 1 hour and 20 minutes in length.
As mentioned in other correspondence and above, we will no longer allow students to borrow weapons from Guard Up for use during class. All students are required to purchase their own items either through Guard Up or through an approved vendor for use in class.
ACCESSING THE WiFi CAMERAS
- To access our WiFi Cameras you must be connected to our guest network 5WORD5-Guest using the current password which will be shared by a staff member who will meet you at your car.
- Once you are connected to the guest network you will need to download, install, and open an app HeimKits from Himalaya Trading Inc. (You will only need to perform this step once).
- Once the app opens on your mobile device you will create an account by registering your email address with HeimKits.
- Then tap the + symbol to add a device.
- On the next screen, tap Kit and the app will locate our cameras.
- You will see 2863325023 and the letter NVR>, tap the arrow next to NVR.
- On the Add Device screen, you will have to enter the password (provided by a staff member in-person) and then tap Complete in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- In a few moments, you will see a message that the device has been added successfully.
- Using the App
- You can then tap on the thumbnail to show the live cameras.
- There are 3 cameras installed. You can double-tap the camera you want to focus on to make that camera full screen.
- Once you have set up your access you can view just open the app and tap the thumbnail while sitting in your car.
- We will be changing the password periodically so watch the GuardUpdate for new passwords.