Guard Up, Inc. is a Burlington, MA company that offers story-based educational adventures for kids, teens, and adults as well as providing classes in swordsmanship instruction and other unique and creative subjects. Our educational summer camps attract customers from around the globe.
It is very important to us that any addition to our growing company and team understands our culture and our vision. Our instructors are individuals who are highly creative while having strong organization and communication skills. Everyone has a passion for inspiring children to learn. Although we are a for-profit company, we act more like a nonprofit in that we offer a large number of scholarships to families experiencing financial hardship as well as providing free services for local, under-served communities.
Our vision is vital to us. Our staff are all called “Guardians”. We are hero-makers. Our company, customer, and co-worker motto is “Courage, Honor, and Compassion”. We live to inspire our patrons. We work in a castle. We hold weekly staff development meetings where we cover topics such as how to listen with sensitivity, how to recognize and counter shame, how to handle stress, how to communicate topics that are emotionally loaded, and other important life skills essential to a productive and happy team. We are more like a family than most companies. And we are deeply protective of this emotionally safe environment where our staff work hard to do what’s best for the company, our customers, and themselves.
As a for-profit company, our bottom line matters. It’s what makes our service possible. At the same time, we are keenly aware that it’s our Guardians who make our vision possible. So we re-invest into our employees and we are patient when hiring in order to be sure we have a good fit. We do what we can to hold onto our hero-makers. Because you can’t train passion.
The best candidate for Director of Marketing would be an executive with a strong sense of story-telling, business, and people – especially people with big hearts. We are looking for an individual who has a strong understanding of modern marketing (especially internet based), is able to connect with our unique demographic, and who owns the vision of making a difference in the lives of our customers through story-based education.
Please read through the position requirements carefully. Our company is growing at a significant rate and we need a solid executive leader who has a strong business skill set with measurable results to support their resume.
The following websites explain our services:
We look forward to hearing from you.
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for heading up our marketing team. The role is responsible for ensuring the tactical management of the company’s marketing and public relations, taking the leadership role in implementing strategic initiatives, uncovering new opportunities, and allowing the CEO to focus on corporate strategy, sales and expansion opportunities. This position requires an individual who has hands-on experience with family-oriented service-based businesses or non-profits over $2 million in annual revenue, is self-motivated, statistics-savvy, creative, compassionate, and has the vision and leadership characteristics necessary to ensure that the company maintains a proper internet presence, is reaching and expanding our client base, and has initiatives in place to effectively grow the organization and ensure continued mission fulfillment and financial performance.
You do not need to know how to wield a sword or shoot a NERF blaster, but we can teach you. Because all kinds of skills are needed for battling zombies, werewolves, and the like. After all, we work in a castle and we inspire young heroes. So if you feel the call to save the human race from certain doom, we’re your company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with CEO and the other functional heads to establish the strategic plan for marketing the business, annual conversion objectives, maintaining and clarifying the organizational image, and procedures for attaining business objectives.
- Establish priorities for the marketing team, create forward-looking marketing plans to address specific priorities, and create and monitor metrics that measure performance
- Lead, coach and mentor a diverse team of creative educational professionals.
- Develop and manage strong marketing reporting metrics and processes
- Leadership and facilitation of the company’s regular executive committee meetings and marketing reviews.
- Support selling and customer service efforts directly and by example.
- Support service activities, directly and by providing strong integration leadership.
- Working with the CEO and executive team to establish aggressive but achievable growth and expansion targets and developing and evaluating strategies to meet/exceed the targets
- Oversee the company’s marketing operations and reporting to ensure stability and growth, further define marketing drivers of the company’s key objectives, set appropriate targets, and then drive departments to exceed those goals
- Provide expert advice for, oversee development of, and execute company internal and external marketing strategic plan
- Document, assess, and report performance of internal and external marketing strategic plan to the CEO and executive team on a weekly basis
- Develop company marketing metrics and track and evaluate the company’s performance and determine progress under the company’s strategic plan
- Establish and manage key marketing relationships for the company, as directed by the CEO
Marketing Vendor Expertise
- Improve marketing performance and cost efficiency and effectiveness by assessing, upgrading or installing new marketing systems, processes, and methodologies.
- Establish and manage the company’s overall marketing vendor strategy, combining internal and vendor-based approaches.
- Instill and measure a strong sense of ROI within the marketing vendor network.
- Manage and grow a market-leading customer service culture, providing feedback and annual measurement of our results.
- Support the company’s sales efforts, both prospectively and through measured retention of existing clients.
- Within the construct of high customer satisfaction, reduce costs to serve and communicate with our clients through new, technology-enabled processes where possible.
- Leadership experience within the services marketplaces.
- Experience with an operation greater than $2 million.
- Strong marketing and analytic skills.
- Proven ability to grow organizations through successful service-based activities.
- Experience marketing for organizations with over 50 employees.
- Demonstrated success in leading companies to achieve their marketing plans.
- Proven process improvement experience, from ideation through documented results.
- Team oriented leader with a proven ability to grow an organization, coach and mentor staff in a compassionate and realistic manner, and instill strong communications skills.
- Balanced combination of strategic thinking and action orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Complementary relationship with CEO.
- Experience with marketing multiple locations.
- Writing Copy and Press Releases
- Public Relations with the press and other entities
- Creating and managing strong marketing alliances with complementary organizations
- Previous experience working with or marketing to kids, teenagers, and/or families
- E-newsletter programs
- YouTube marketing
- Facebook marketing
- Google Adwords marketing
Also desired but not necessary:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Teamworkpm.net or other project management software
- Photography and/or videography
- Advanced degree in business
- Experience in the education industry
- Prior experience as Director of Marketing of a growing company
Fill out the form below to submit your resume.