NOTE: Hiring for our summer camp jobs is usually completed early spring. Please apply immediately if interested. We get flooded with resumes in late spring and often have no openings left. Thank you!
Wizards & Warriors Camp is a creative STEM-based summer camp run by professionals, parents, and teachers who wanted to create the experience of a live adventure as a way to help kids and teens discover the hero they hold inside.
Reports to: Program Director for Overnight or Camp Director for Day Camp
Day Camp (Burlington, MA): Sunday, June 17 – Wednesday, August 24. Must be at least 20 years of age. This is a day position with no residency provided.
Overnight Camp (Salem, MA): Sunday, June 23 – Wednesday, August 14. Also must be available for regular telephone or video meetings during pre-season prep. Must be at least 20 years of age. This is an overnight position with onsite residency required.
To further the mission of Wizards & Warriors and Zombie STEM Summer Camps through the development and delivery of educational program curriculum with direction from the Camp Program Director.
1. Assists Program/Camp Director in creating group specific STEM/STEAM and Cultural curriculum, and learning prescribed curriculum prior to the start of the camping season.
2. Assist Program/Camp Director in delivering and evaluating camp educational programming that meets the needs and interests of campers and ensures our unique camp structure is delivered in a safe and quality manner.
3. Maintain camp financial health by complying to given budgets for supplies.
4. Supervises, teaches and entertains groups of 5-50 children at a time with the assistance of camp counseling staff.
5. Assists the camp counseling staff in their role as Hero Leaders, keeping campers safe and entertained during camp activities.
Previous Experience Necessary:
Teaching/mentoring experience working with children and teens
Ability to manage small and large groups of children
Strong organizational skills
Pre-Season remote prep work required
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Some outside knowledge of science, swordplay, or history may be required for placement in certain houses, but is not required for all positions.
Salary Range: D.O.E. (Season is 7-10 weeks plus meetings and prep)
To apply, please fill out form here:
Guardian Adventures is a company specializing in informal STEM education programs and camps. In addition, we provide weekly classes in swordsmanship and fencing as well as custom themed birthday parties and events.