Guardian Adventures is a company that specializes in consulting and creating emotionally immersive and culturally inclusive training, media, games, and experiences.
We are have an internship opening for a Curriculum or Instructional Design specialist to design and run a 30 minutes online adventure for grades 3-5. The Zoom-based event will be run in the middle of October and soon after the full curriculum will be released to the public for free on our online learning platform.
NOTE: This position is currently filled. However, we have numerous projects like this approaching in 2024 and are always interested in expanding out designer cohort. Please fill out the application in order to be considered.
Details: 100% remote with weekly Zoom meetings (Eastern Time) and daily written progress reports. Outside of weekly meetings, work your own hours.
Compensation: $3000 total contracted rate
Objective: Design an online course using a learning management system (LMS) that teaches the learner (teachers, camp counselors, after school program instructors) how to run a Zoom-based interactive, 30 minute adventure for 8-15 attendees, ages 8-10, that teaches the basics about Particle Physics.
Teaser: Quantum Manor is a grand, mysterious mansion where Dr. Anna Lysis Quark, a renowned particle physicist, once lived. Rumor has it that she discovered a ‘hidden particle’ that could answer unsolved mysteries of the universe, but it vanished with her. Participants need to take on the role of scientists to unlock clues that teach basic physics knowledge while revealing the location of the particle. This is a Zoom-based interactive adventure for ages 8-10 that runs 30 minutes.
- Progress meetings: est. 5 hours
- Online research about the topic: est. 5 hours
- Design 3 different interactive story-based scenarios: est. 10 hours
- Creating course content from research and selected story: est. 35 hours
- Design manual, digital backdrops, and assessments: est. 20 hours
- Create course videos, handouts, layout: est. 20 hours
- Upload final documents and videos to LMS: est. 3 hours
- Set up, practice, run, and record a test run of the 30 minute adventure in October 2023: 2 hour
Estimated total hours: 100 hours
- Comprehension of grades 5-8 physics concepts
- Experience running educational programming for ages 8-10
- Experience with creating courses on an LMS
- Experience with interactive adventures such as Live- Action-Roleplaying, Tabletop RPG, etc
- Video/Audio recording with Green Screen
- Strong and Secure high speed internet connection
- Experience with self recording, basic video editing, closed captioning
- Curriculum design experience
- Creative storytelling
Preferred but not required:
- Instructional design experience
- Improv Acting experience
- Game design experience