NOTE: Hiring for our summer camp jobs is usually completed early spring. Please apply immediately if interested. We get flooded with resumes in late spring and often have no openings left. Thank you!
Wizards & Warriors Camp is a creative STEM-based summer camp run by professionals, parents, and teachers who wanted to create the experience of a live adventure as a way to help kids and teens discover the hero they hold inside.
Why work for us? Look at what you get to put on your resume or college application after a season with us: What to put on your resume after working for Wizards & Warriors Camp.
Summer Camp Event Manager
Reports to: Program Director
Onsite Availability: Sunday, June 28 – Sunday, August 11. Also must be available for regular telephone or video meetings during pre-season prep. Must be at least 20 years of age.
This is an overnight position with onsite residency required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate all theatre and story-related activities
- Coordinate with the Camp Directors and other management staff
- Coordinate with Costume and Makeup Departments
- Communicate constantly and effectively with all active staff
- Support camp transitions (meals, staff breaks, etc.) and any emergency situations
- Run post-event debriefs and document results
- Ascertain equipment and supply needs
- Manage and direct teenage assistant staff
- Must have previous experience as a Theater Stage Manager, Live Show Manager or other position which requires instant problem solving, clear communication to numerous people at the same time, immediate resource allocation, and other intense situations that require you to think on your feet and deal with constant curve-balls.
- Must be able to manage multiple objectives that constantly shift in priorities
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Strong typing and writing skills
- Exceptional speaking and enunciation skills – important for radio communication
- Candidates must be age 20 or over
- Must be available for trainings & meetings before and after camp is in session
- Must be available for camp set-up & break-down before and after camp is in session
- Onsite and overnight Availability is required from Sunday June 28 – Sunday August 9
- Experience working with children preferred, working with teens required
- Stage managers, assistant stage managers, artistic directors, technical directors encouraged to apply
- All candidates must submit to a CORI (criminal) and SORI (sexual offender) Background Check, intensive screening, and reference check.
Depends on experience for summer season (6.5 weeks plus a pre-training period) plus free room and board.
To apply, please fill out form here: