Guard Up, Inc. is a Burlington, MA company that offers story and STEM based educational adventures for kids, teens, and adults as well as providing classes in swordsmanship instruction and other unique and creative subjects. Our educational summer camps attract customers from around the globe.
It is very important to us that any addition to our growing company and team understands our culture and our vision. Our staff are all called “Guardians”. We are hero-makers. Our company, customer, and co-worker motto is “Courage, Honor, and Compassion”. We endeavor to inspire our patrons. We work in a castle. We hold weekly staff development meetings where we cover topics such as how to listen with sensitivity, how to recognize and counter shame, how to handle stress, how to communicate topics that are emotionally loaded, and other important life skills essential to a productive and happy team. We are more like a family than most companies. And we are deeply protective of this diverse and emotionally safe environment where our staff work hard to do what’s best for the company, our customers, and themselves.
As a for-profit company, our bottom line matters. It’s what makes our service possible. At the same time, we are keenly aware that it’s our Guardians who make our vision possible. So we re-invest into our employees and we are patient when hiring in order to be sure we have a good fit. We do what we can to hold onto our hero-makers. Because you can’t train passion.
The best candidate for our Manager position would be someone with a strong sense of business and numbers – because that’s the root of making this possible, and people – especially people with big hearts. We are looking for an individual who has exceptional communication skills, is able to understand the creative mind, and who owns the vision of creating life-long learners through story-based education.
Please read through the position requirements carefully. Our company is growing at a significant rate and we need a solid leader who has the necessary skills set with measurable results to support their resume.
The following websites explain our services:
We look forward to hearing from you.
Guard Up, Inc runs exciting and educational summer camps and year round live action adventures where kids are heroes in an ongoing story with monsters, magic and learning. Our educational programs have received attention from a variety of academic institutions including Harvard Graduate School of Education, Yale, Northeastern University, MIT, and more. Our staff are life-long learners who love working with kids, helping parents and adults achieve their goals, and dressing up in costumes and playing monsters. We also happen to work in a castle.
Guard Up is recruiting for a full time, salaried Sales & Program Manager. This position requires a career and goal oriented, self motivated individual that is creative, reliable, and growth-oriented. You must be confident taking the leadership role in implementing strategic initiatives, making decisions, and adapting to a unique, fast paced and constantly changing environment. It also helps if you know how to look imposing with a foam sword.
You would be acting to further the development and mission of Guard Up, Inc. and our Wizards & Warriors Camp and Zombie Summer Camp through the development of sales and marketing. You would work with the administrative team and manage your own team to grow, and maintain membership, events, and camp programs.
Summary of Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coach and mentor a diverse team of creative educational professionals. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring/firing, training, and providing performance reviews
- Collecting the stories of our customers and potential customers and matching them with our services while meeting their individual need – and training staff
- Proficient at categorizing and prioritizing issues and concerns while staying within our budget
- Experienced with Project Management involving task and deadline management
- Capable of problem solving to maintain the integrity of the daily milieu
- Provide operational and logistical support in a friendly yet demanding environment
- Maintain camp and facilities as needed
- Help maintain accurate documentation and filing systems
- Attend and pass annual CPR and First Aid certification
- Adhere to regularly scheduled hours both onsite and offsite
- Availability to work some evenings and at least one weekend day each week
- Strong sense of ownership
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Managing a team of 5 or more including interviewing, hiring, training, retaining, etc
- Leadership experience in a service field. Ideal work experience is in the fields of education, arts, childcare, or recreation.
- Experience with high volume telephone calls (inbound and outbound) as well as quick and accurate data entry skills for our CRM (Client Relationship Management system)
- Understanding of needs and benefits based selling. We don’t do high pressure sales techniques. We don’t need to.
- Experience working with parents in addressing their concerns regarding their children
- Strong proficiency with windows based operating systems, spreadsheets, and experience using Client Relations Management Software
- A positive, healthy, upbeat personality oriented towards personal growth with a strong desire to be around those interested in the same
- As comfortable in a business suit and staff meetings as you are in a medieval castle or dragons lair
- Commitment to honesty and transparency in all communication, and the ability to take accountability and communicate mistakes
- Previous B2C sales experience. B2B experience a plus.
- Strong experience in computer support systems including CRM (Client Relationship Management program) and Google Apps (email, schedule, docs, etc)
- Previous experience managing teams including interviewing, training, retaining, hiring/firing
- Clean background check, CORI and SORI checks
- Previous experience with kids and parents
- Some evening hours and one weekend day required
Benefits after minimum employment requirements are met:
* Matching 401k
* Paid time off
* Free camp enrollment for children of full time employees
* Health insurance
* Opportunity for Annual Pay Raise and bonuses
Note: If you are remote from our location, we do require an onsite interview in the final rounds of the interview process. Candidates are responsible for their own transportation to and from Burlington, MA.
Apply here for Job Opening: