Guard Up! Family Swordsmanship is looking for energetic, goal-oriented, team players. Part time, entry-level position for candidate with a strong sense of teamwork and a responsible work ethic . Experience (and a passion for) working with children required. No experience in swordsmanship necessary. We will train you. Weekends and reliable transportation required. Our company has a great deal of upward mobility for people who wish to pursue higher level career options. $12-$20/hr depending on experience and certifications, as well as paid meetings and paid training. Offsite classes provide paid travel. No commissions. Must love families and kids. Must have own car (we are not near public transportation). Previous experience working with Special Needs is a plus. All applicants must submit to a SORI and CORI (criminal background) check. All applicants must also pass their annual CPR and First Aid certifications (training provided by us). Wednesday late evening training meetings required once a month. Fill out form below to submit your resume.
Guard Up is looking for a Historic Weapons Instructor for classes and demonstrations beginning immediately and continuing year round. The position of instructor for classes requires the base ability to entertain and maintain safety, entertainment, and education of up to 15 students for 1 hour to 1.5 hours in a closed room environment.
Other Responsibilities and Expectations Include:
– Experienced, knowledgeable and able to teach multiple types of bladed weapons (history, background knowledge, and use)
– Proficient with at least two non-bladed weapons (preference for first is staff)
– Comfortable instructing classes up to 15 students
– Comfortable speaking to large groups (up to 100) about the history and background of different weapon styles
– Willingness to use or proficiency in Positive Coaching philosophies (for specific information look into the “Double-Goal Coach” and the Positive Coaching Alliance)
– Reliable car and good driving record for offsite demonstrations
– Experience using/working with (or willingness to learn and work with) foam weapons as a training tool and safe open sparring weapon
– Experience working with children and adults
– Sport Fencing experience may result in some additional hours if desired
Submit application below.
Before filling out this form:
We are certainly interested in your previous experience with theater arts, roleplaying and other skills… but the most important skill of all is your ability to work with children and teens. Please make sure to include a full history of your experience working with kids including children with special needs or work history with summer camp jobs, mentor programs, teaching, etc.