Guard Up! Swordsmanship is looking for energetic, goal-oriented, team players. Part-time position for candidate with a strong sense of teamwork and a responsible work ethic. Experience (and a passion for) working with children required.
Weekends and reliable transportation required. Our company has a great deal of upward mobility for people who wish to pursue higher level career options.
- Previous experience with Foil Fencing required – we are more impressed by your positive attitude than your competition record
- Compensation depending on experience and certifications
- Paid meetings and paid training
- Offsite classes provide paid travel.
- Must love families and kids.
- Must have own car (we are not near public transportation)
- Must be available for hours on some weekday evenings and between 1-6pm on Saturdays.
- Previous experience working with Special Needs is a plus.
- All applicants must submit to a SORI and CORI (criminal background) check.
- All applicants must also pass their annual CPR and First Aid certifications (training provided by us).
- Late Wednesday evening training meetings required once a month.
We are specifically looking for a progressive instructor who is not bound by the way they were taught. We have a specific style of teaching (Positive Coaching) and we encourage students to experiment and learn for the love of learning instead of winning. So if your goal is to create a top competitive team, we are not going to be a good fit for you. We want instructors who only yell to encourage, who are excited about growth more than winning, and who can work with kids who have many different motivations.
Before filling out this form:
We are certainly interested in your previous experience with competing and other skills… but the most important skill of all is your ability to work with children and teens. Please make sure to include a full history of your experience working with kids including children with special needs or work history with summer camp jobs, mentor programs, teaching, etc.