Guard Up has assembled a list of resources for parents of our youth and teen students. Some of our coaching methodology and these resources are taken from the Positive Coaching Alliance, an international organization dedicated to making sports a positive life experience for kids and teens.
- Empowering Conversations with Your Child (.doc) Suggestions on how to talk to your kids about their activities and keep the “Lines of Communication” open.
- Instructor Parent Relationship (.doc) Ideas on how you can help your child’s instructor succeed with your child.
- Parent Contract with Child (.doc) An agreement between parent and child to help the child understand the commitment required for training in their activity or sport.
- Parent Contract with Teen (.doc) An agreement between parent and teen to help the teen understand the commitment required for training in their activity or sport.
- PCA Letter to Parents (.pdf) A letter with brief explanation about our coaching methods.
- PCA Parents Pledge (.pdf) A pledge by parents to help their child make sports a positive experience.
- 40 Assets (.doc) How Guard Up classes impact the 40 Assets of a happy, healthy child.
These resources are just a sample of the family-positive culture at Guard Up. Please consider trying out our classes with a Trial Package so you can experience our teaching methods in person. Discover the difference at Guard Up!
Articles Written About Us
Over the years, we’ve been featured in many blogs, newspapers, and other media sources. Here are some examples:
- NPR’s MindShift: “How a Sword and Sorcery Camp Uses Immersive Role Play to Teach STEAM”
- The Boston Globe: “From fencing to theater, there’s a summer camp for everyone”
- NECN News Story about Wizards & Warriors Summer Camp
- MetroWest Mamas wrote a post about our classes, parties, and camps
- Mommy Poppins featured us in their blog.
- Wizards & Warriors featured in Good Mythical Morning talk show on YouTube.
- Wizards and Warriors Camp and NERF Zombie Camp was mentioned in Wired Magazine Online
- GeekDad visits our summer camp… and again!
- Check out our recent scientific study on our use of the character “Doctor Who,” and teaching compassion through storytelling
- Check out Boston Globe’s first story about our Summer Camps.
- Guard Up! in White Paper about The Teaching Power of Stories.
- YouTube channel “The Richest” named us as one of the 10 Most Unusual Camps.